Michigan SEO Company Explains Google Penguin 2.1 Update at http://www.lapeerwebsitedesign.com/michigan-seo-company-explains-google-penguin-21-update/
Penguin 2.1 hit the internet less than a week ago!
What Exactly Is Google Targeting In This Penguin 2.1 Update?
* Similar to Penguin 1.0’s anchor text manipulation, big G seems to be targeting unnatural anchor percentages.
* Google is simply devaluing these links instead of penalizing. This means you can rescue a site hit by Penguin by changing your site’s backlink profile.
* However, the new change seems to have gotten some smarts when performing detection for source relevance. It appears it is looking at the page level for this.
* If you have low quality content surrounding your link, then this will result in getting devalued. You will probably be at risk if you are using low-quality articles or spun content.
* Lack of diversification of your links (anchor text).
What link building continues to work post Penguin 2.1?
* What plainly just works is High PR links that are relevant from paid or private networks.
* Sites that have a low amount of overall links, from quality sources, have done well.
* Having a diversified backlink profile, without putting too much attention on any one given link type.
* Building links to your 2nd and 3rd tiers, as Google seems to be ignoring these. Using link pyramids is working for many.
* A good mix of backlinks distributed across internal pages, not just the home page.
Why Has Google Missed High PR Networks, Yet Again?
* Well, in my humble opinion, you can’t create a math or code solution to find these types of networks all at once.
* PR sites are too diversified, too different and individualized. There’s no single footprint G can use to find them all.
* The big, public PR networks left a HUGE footprint that Google detected and that’s why they were able to bring them down all at once.
Share this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBmMhnwfvYw
Subscribe to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/pjw2pjw?sub_confirmation=1
Add me to your circles: https://plus.google.com/u/0/103021478741110256855/posts